Meet Katie and Andy! They sometimes work in tandem, sometimes go it alone to cover more ground. Ants. mice, spiders, roaches, fleas and mosquitoes are some of the most common pests that residents of the Memphis area combat. Rosie’s can help eliminate all of these and termites too! Need a free evaluation of your pest problems? Click here!
- While gathering food, a bee may fly up to 60 miles in one day.
- Termites eat through wood two times faster when listening to rock music.
- Houseflies can taste with their feet — they have taste buds on them.
- It takes about one hundred Monarch Butterflies to weigh an ounce.
- The queen of a certain termite species can lay 40,000 eggs per day.
- To survive the cold of winter months, many insects replace their body water with a chemical called glycerol, which acts as an antifreeze against the temperatures.
- For every human there are about 1 million ants.
- Mosquitoes have killed more humans than all the wars in history.
- A house fly lives for only 14 days.
- You are more likely to be killed by a Champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
- Bed bugs can live for several months without a blood meal. This means they can linger in furniture for a long time until they are near a human host again.
- All insects on Earth would outweigh all animals if put on a scale.