Skip to content
Page load link
Interesting Bug Facts
- While gathering food, a bee may fly up to 60 miles in one day.
- Termites eat through wood two times faster when listening to rock music.
- Houseflies can taste with their feet — they have taste buds on them.
- It takes about one hundred Monarch Butterflies to weigh an ounce.
- The queen of a certain termite species can lay 40,000 eggs per day.
- To survive the cold of winter months, many insects replace their body water with a chemical called glycerol, which acts as an antifreeze against the temperatures.
- For every human there are about 1 million ants.
- Mosquitoes have killed more humans than all the wars in history.
- A house fly lives for only 14 days.
- You are more likely to be killed by a Champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
- Bed bugs can live for several months without a blood meal. This means they can linger in furniture for a long time until they are near a human host again.
- All insects on Earth would outweigh all animals if put on a scale.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!